According to a recent post at Firefly Ship Works, they’re edging ever closer to revealing the secrets of the insanely detailed Serenity model they’ve been developing. What will it all look like, how will it be mounted, and, finally, what will it cost? But right now they’re trying to decide on the name, and they’re looking for input.
* Official – she’s being produced with the full support of the studio.
* Studio Scale – at 19 inches, she’s exactly the size a filming miniature would likely have been.
* Film Quality – making a film-worthy model is about more than size. We’re making sure our Serenity has all the details a Hollywood model maker would want on their filming miniature before it went in front of the camera.
* Artisan – each ship will be handcrafted by a professional special effects model maker right here in the U.S.
* SFX – she’ll come with a sophisticated lighting effects package and maybe another surprise or two.
Assuming you agree that naming her the “Official Film Quality Studio Scale Serenity Artisan Replica, SFX Edition” is a bit much, we’d love to hear your suggestions.
Head to fireflyshipworks.com and give them your suggestion. How often do you get to name a spaceship?